I agree with a bump. Aliens need new toys to play with.
Here a small suggestion wall I would have in mind:
Maybe we could subdivide the aliens into three or four subclasses as well as how I would subdivide the current aliens along with some new names for some evolutions and possibilities for some monsters variant of aliens.
There is also a small description of what the aliens should be doing or looking like.
– Regular dretch.
– Regular Basilisk
– Regular Marauder
– Regular Spitfire
– The regular ol’ dragoon
– A bipedal creature with arms in the form of dragoon’s legs with blade-shaped bone at the end of the arms. (Basically the same as the tyrant’s arm. But a little bit smaller.)
– A mind controlling/altering creature that can produce illusions or force a human to go in a certain direction for a few seconds.
– A giant dretch with way more arms as well as with blade like bones at the end of each arm. (Inflict a lot of damages and grabs on the target. As for the battlesuit it would break the grabbing if destroyed in the attack.)
– Old regular tyrant, like always
– A giant sized reaver with a dragoon like legs pattern. (Like a tyrant but with four legs instead and way more spikier arms.)
– A bipedal like creature with massive force. (Basically a siege creature.)
– A floating creature which can transform into an object it has seen in his current life. (If it dies the current object list he can transform as is reset to the default alien low-level buildables.)
– A mix between a basilisk, a dragoon and a dretch. (Imagine a giant spiky Dretch.)
– A big poison-filled sac that would provide either poison(limited) for allies or would explode into a poison cloud/puddle when dieing.
– A monster-sized Ravager with a bone spiky plating covering the entire body. (Would cost a shit ton of evolution points, but would provide a solid tankiness when achieved.)
– A mix between a tyrant and the lacerator. God I would not want to be the human making this monster angry… (Would cost even more evolution points than the Guargantuant Ravager.)
I know a lot of these ideas might sound broken, but with proper balancing and the add of new features on the human side to counter such aliens would make it really great.
And with the current human features, a few of those aliens would definitely help balance the gameplay a little bit more. (Yes I still remember that OverPowered lightning gun )
Anyway, here’s my little ideas for the aliens.
We really need more things for aliens and it would fit the modular alien principle.